Pictured: Penny Candy Jam’s delicious Raspberry ❤️s Bay + Lime flavour
Love Food Give Food, running for the months of April and May, is Action Against Hunger’s annual event to unite food lovers with restaurants that are passionate about ending global hunger. This year we’re shining the spotlight on one of our participating restaurants each Wednesday. This week, we’d like to introduce you to Bryce Taylor-Vaisey from Penny Candy Jam! We asked him some questions:
1. Why does Action Against Hunger matter to you?
Action Against Hunger represents one of the core values of Penny Candy Jam: to provide people with good food, without taking shortcuts. For us, it means not adding preservatives or any harmful chemicals that can compromise the freshness and integrity of the product. It’s important that we do everything we can to fit into everyone’s healthy lifestyles.
2. What is your Love Food Give Food dish and why did you pick it?
Our “Love Food Give Food” item is our bestselling jam flavour raspberry <3s bay + lime. We chose this jam because it tells our story better than any other flavour–it was the first one we made, and the one that customers come back for market after market, month after month. We wanted to share our success with Action Against Hunger, and this jam is the most effective way to do it.
3. Finish this sentence: Penny Candy Jam is the best spot for… Penny Candy Jam is best for adding bold, fresh fruit flavour to any food item, including (but not limited to): oatmeal, yogurt, cheese boards, pancakes, burgers, cornbread, plain toast and as a salad dressing, meat glaze, curry sauce or, of course, straight from the jar!
4. Pineapple on pizza: yay/nay? ALL DAY
5. Anything else you want to say or share: Penny Candy Jam truly believes in the life-changing power of good food. <3
Products from Penny Candy Jam can be found on markets (see market schedule on their website) or in one of their retail partners.
Don’t forget to check out all participating Love Food Give Food restaurants.