About ACF Canada
Who we are
Action Against Hunger / Action contre la Faim (ACF) is an international humanitarian organization that fights hunger and its root causes worldwide.
Founded in France in 1979 and with 35+ years of experience in conflict zones, natural disasters and response to food crises, ACF is one of the most important international organizations specialized in addressing hunger and its underlying causes.
In 2014, ACF International worked in 49 different countries around the world with more than 6,000 employees and volunteers helping 13.6 million people in need.
Why donate to ACF Canada?
- Malnutrition is deadly but there are solutions. We save lives by diagnosing, treating and preventing deadly malnutrition. Plus, we tackle the root causes of hunger using sustainable, community-focused methods, as well as providing emergency response.
- ACF is rigorously transparent with all our financial information and details of our programs. We have external auditors assess our programs annually and publish the results – including our areas for improvement, not just our achievements.
- You are giving to a global organization that is trusted globally. We have a lifesaving impact in 47 countries. Our 5,000+ field staff assist more than 10 million people each year. And we have over 35 years of expertise in contexts of conflict, disasters and food crises.
The role of ACF Canada
In 2006, ACF was established in Canada. Today, with offices in Toronto and Montreal, ACF Canadian leadership is integral to the effectiveness of our global efforts.
By supporting the Canadian headquarters of ACF, you are supporting:
- A SMART way to end hunger. By leading and championing a nutritional survey methodology called SMART, we foster better understanding of hunger in malnourished communities and the best ways to support them.
- Field experts. The recruitment of committed Canadian experts who work alongside communities to save lives and develop sustainable solutions.
- Public awareness. Supporting the ‘big picture’, global collaboration of governments, agencies and citizens to keep working on solving hunger.
- Fundraising. Raising money that goes to programs that will save lives and is reported with clarity and transparency.
You can help! Your donations enable ACF Canada to save lives and fight hunger sustainably. Please donate today!
How we fight hunger
ACF takes a comprehensive approach to global hunger.
We integrate activities in nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health, and advocacy. And we address the social, organizational, and technical challenges that cause hunger.
We provide emergency relief and focus on severe malnutrition, while also tackling underlying causes and working with local systems to transform short-term interventions into sustainable, long-term solutions. That includes a community-centered approach that involves local skills development.
Learn more about the problem of malnutrition and how we fight it.